Job Title: Senior Developer
Start Date: TBC
Closing Date: 31st July 2019
Posted: 17th April 2019
Salary: Highly competitive
Location: Glasgow, UK
What we're looking for
Pro-Sapien is looking for an innovative and experienced Senior Developer to join our growing team in Glasgow.
As a senior developer you will lead software development projects, reporting to the Technical Director. Utilizing your significant experience in software development, you will lead project teams to design and deliver enhancements to the Pro-Sapien product.
At Pro-Sapien you will have the opportunity to work with the latest technologies, including Microsoft Azure and Office 365. You'll also benefit from working with a team experienced in delivering software and business intelligence to industry-leading organizations on a global scale.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean and efficient code
- Optimize code for performance, scalability and security
- Collaborate with technical architects on enhancements and new features
- Identify opportunities for innovation and improvement
- Keeping up-to-date with the latest tools, techniques and best practices
- Work closely with other team members
- Mentor junior team members
- Review, test and debug code
- Report to the Technical Director
Bachelor or Master’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
Skills / Experience
- 6+ years’ experience in software development
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in .NET, C#, MVC, API Development, SQL Server, HTML, CSS and Visual Studio
- Experience with agile project management methodologies
- Ability to communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders
- In-depth knowledge of SharePoint, Microsoft Office 365 and Azure desirable
- Ability to prioritize workload and work under pressure to tight deadlines
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Experience in building SaaS products
- Experience in DevOps, Test Driven Development and Continuous Integration
- Attention to detail
- Ability to see the bigger picture
Pro-Sapien is a vibrant, exciting place to work, with a supportive and inclusive environment—we’ve taken the Scottish Business Pledge to demonstrate our commitment to fair work. Besides building your skillset alongside experienced teams, you’ll also enjoy other benefits such as:
- Vitality private healthcare and other additional insurance benefits
- Pension Scheme
- Generous annual leave allowance
- Flexible working
- City Centre location
- Fun, friendly work atmosphere
Read about some of our employees’ and interns’ experiences here.
Pro-Sapien provides enterprise-class Environmental, Health, Safety (EHS) and Quality software to some of the world’s largest organizations.
The software harnesses and builds on the power of Microsoft SharePoint/Office 365 to support EHS processes such as Incident Management, Risk Assessment or Work Permits in companies operating in high risk industries, for instance Oil & Gas, Engineering, and Aviation. Our client-base spans the world over from North America to the UK, to Europe and the Middle East, and is made up of industry leaders such as ThyssenKrupp, BAE Systems and VINCI.
Pro-Sapien is based in Glasgow, UK with modern offices in the city centre. Delivering EHS solutions on SharePoint/Office 365 gives us an especially unique offering within our key marketplaces not just in the UK but around the globe.
To apply for this position, please email email@example.com with the following information:
- The job title you are applying for
- Cover letter
Please note that successful candidates will be invited to interview at our offices in Glasgow. If you have any questions don't hesitate to give us a call on 0141 353 1165.