Know how GDPR will affect Health and Safety processes
The European Union will be enforcing its new General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) as of 25th May 2018. Complying will be a mammoth task for many companies both within and outwith the EU, and similarly for almost all departments within a company - including Health, Safety & Environment (HSE).
The HSE department holds a wide range of personal data and will be directly affected by GDPR. This guide will help you with the following.
- Understand the complex legislation in the context of Health & Safety processes
- Assess your existing policies and map out the steps you need to take
- How to manage your Health & Safety data appropriately (collection, categorization, sharing, output, retention)
This paper includes Recitals from the original GDPR documentation that are used alongside real-world examples. If you're struggling to get your head around the changes, download this whitepaper for help.
— DOWNLOAD PAPER —
- The role of the Data Protection Officer
- Collection, categorization, output, sharing, and retention of information
- Current data protection statement
- Data Controllers vs. Data Processors
- Personal data going outside the European Union
- Helpful links and further recitals for consideration